Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  
Partagez | 

Confused!! visaType D (Sauf-CTOM) on an expired passport

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
turine
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Confused!! visaType D (Sauf-CTOM) on an expired passport   Mar 2 Mar à 0:16

Hi all,
I'm in a very confusing situation and urgent need to get some answer/advice. confused shaking
I'm holding a french long-stay student visa (Type D) (Sauf-CTOM).
Valid for: FRANCE, number of entries: MULT
Based on the regulation from July 2009, I dont have to obtain the titre de Sejour when I get to France. I am in France now and they request me to go for the medical check up to have a stamp. So I haven't got the OFII stamp on my VISA until then.
The problem is my passport is expiring very soon, so I have came to my country's embassy in Paris to make another passport. Now, the Visa type D is on my old visa (which I still keep but no longer in use). My new visa has nothing on it.
I want to travel to Italy and Spain and maybe other schengen countries. Does anyone know if my Type D visa is valid (before or after having the OFII stamp?) and what should I do with the 2 passports? Should I always need to show both of them? confused
Hope you can give me some advice on this confusing issue!!! cheers cheers
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Confused!! visaType D (Sauf-CTOM) on an expired passport   Dim 7 Mar à 18:42

The consulate was not supposed to deliver a visa on a passport which did not have a validity covering the length of the visa. Which consulate give you that visa ?

The French D visa is mentionned on the list of resident permit alowing inter-Schengen travel, but I have heard of difficulties face by some people with that. Therefore, I would advise you to approach the Italian or Spanish consulate to get a visa before you travel to those countries.

However, a new European regulation is about to be passed allowing all D-visa holders delivered by a Schengen State to travel freely within the Schengen area. It should be published in April.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Confused!! visaType D (Sauf-CTOM) on an expired passport

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1