Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Two Schengen visas?

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Hady
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Two Schengen visas?   Mar 21 Nov à 17:41

Hi!

I have a Lebanese passport.
I am now living in the UK, full-time postgraduate student.
I have a 2-year UK Student visa valid until summer 2008.

I need to study in Greece from mid January till end of March 2007, it is a COMPULSORY part of my studies.
I have an acceptance letter from a Greek university mentioning that my studies will be from 1 January 2007 until 31 March 2007.

I recently applied for a tourist Schengen visa at the FRENCH Embassy to spend Christmas in Paris, I asked for 5 days single-entry Schengen visa, the French embassy consular officer stamped a red stamp on my passport "Visa requested on ??-Nov-2006 at French Consulate London" and told me that I will be sent a letter by post saying when to come again to the embassy to have the visa stamped on my passport.
I'm expected to receive the visa within 3 weeks, I don't know for how much it will be valid (whether only for the 5 days I asked for, or longer)

The problem is:
I had an appointment today at the Greek embassy to apply for a Greek STUDENT visa,
(I wanted a Mutiple-Entry STUDENT visa which is valid only for Greece, NOT a Schengen visa!)
the consular officer there told me they only issue Schengen visas for 90-days with different categories (Tourist, Student, or Business)
and since I already applied for a Schengen visa elsewhere, I am already on the "Schengen system", and it is impossible that I can be issued another Schengen visa before my first Schengen visa expires.
Again, I don't know yet for how long my (French) Schengen visa will be valid for when I get it.
but even if it's valid just for 5 days,
it would be VERY VERY late for me to apply again at the Greek Embassy late December, as there would be vacations at that time, and it takes at least one week to get an appointment, and depending on my nationality, my visa takes at least 3 weeks to be processed!!

- Is it true that the Greeks don't have "Greece-only" student visas
anymore?
- Is there any way that I can know Now for how long the Schengen visa I will obtain from France will be valid for?

Can anyone suggest ANY solution for my problem?

I appreciate any help,
Thank you very much!!

Best wishes
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MediaVisa.net
Rang: Administrateur

MessageSujet: Re: Two Schengen visas?   Mar 21 Nov à 19:45

Hello,

If you have applied for 5 days you should get 5 days.

As far as the student visa (type D) is concerned, it does not fall within the scope of our expertise. However we would be extremely surprised to hear that Greece does not issue long term visa to students any longer!

Regards.

The MediaVisa.net team
MediaVisa.net
Schengen travel insurance accepted by all Consulates from €1/day - Subscribe with or without credit card
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.mediavisa.net

Two Schengen visas?
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1