Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Type D visa and overstaying

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
freakster83
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Type D visa and overstaying   Mar 10 Avr à 17:53

Hey,

i have a type D student visa (+1 transit Schengen) for France from ist jan till 1st july 07.

My initial plan is to travel around europe after my visa expires till 28july and then take a flight back to Singapore.... the reason why i planned to "overstay" is because i am holding a Singapore passport and as a Singaporean, i can stay in the EU and other Eastern European countries for up to 90 days for traveling purposes without a visa (hence the "overstaying" part from 1st july till 28july)

I went to the local prefecture in lyon and asked if i can do that but they said i HAVE to leave France on the 1st july regardless.... but what i can do is go to for eg, Switzerland on the 1st July, get a stamp proving that i did indeed leave, and then come back to France again after that... and subsequently i can be free to travel for another 90 days....

i was wondering in your opinion is this feasible....if not, what would you reccomend or do you think i should just reschedule my flight back to Singapore on the 1st july when my visa expires?

Thanks
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MediaVisa.net
Rang: Administrateur

MessageSujet: Re: Type D visa and overstaying   Mar 10 Avr à 19:39

Hello,

This type of issue is not directly addressed in Schengen regulations.

Our view is that you may stay in France until your D visa expires. Then you have to leave the Schengen area and come back to it (even the next day) to start enjoying the visa free status derived from your nationality.

Regards.

The MediaVisa.net team
MediaVisa.net
Schengen visa insurance accepted by all Consulates from € 1 a day. Purchase insurance now with or without credit
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.mediavisa.net

Type D visa and overstaying
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1