Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help

2 participants
AuteurMessage
raman_ade
Nouveau

Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help Empty
MessageSujet: Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help   Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help EmptySam 21 Avr à 18:35

Hi,

I'm of Indonesian nationality and I'm currently an exchange student in Paris and holding a student visa type D valid for France (+1 transit schengen) until end of July 2007.

At the end of my study, I would like to visit Germany and Italy. However, when I applied for my student visa back in the French embassy in Singapore, the officer told me I can't go out of France with this visa. When I asked him if I would be able to apply for a schengen visa in another schengen country's consulate in France, he said I would not be able to do that. Last week I tried applying in Holland's consulate, but the officer told me the same thing.

Is it true that I would not be able to apply for a schengen visa anywhere in France? What about other countries' consulate like Germany and Italy? Is there any other way that I can travel to other schengen countries at the end of my study then?

I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me here. Thank you!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MediaVisa.net
Rang: Administrateur
MediaVisa.net

MessageSujet: Re: Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help   Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help EmptyDim 22 Avr à 17:28

Hello,

Don't you have a student residency permit? If yes, you can travel visa free in the entire Schengen area.

Regards.

The MediaVisa.net team
MediaVisa.net
Schengen visa insurance accepted by all Consulates from € 1 a day. Purchase insurance now with or without credit
http://www.mediavisa.net
raman_ade
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help   Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help EmptyDim 22 Avr à 18:46

My student visa allows me to stay within France for 6 months and on it is written "dispense temporaire de carte de sejour"

I tried going to the prefecture to ask for a residence permit so that I will be able to travel, too, but the officer there said I don't need a residence permit with that visa and he didn't let me make one, either.

That's why I decided to just apply for a schengen visa and yet I still can't seem to do it. Any idea how?
MediaVisa.net
Rang: Administrateur
MediaVisa.net

MessageSujet: Re: Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help   Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help EmptyLun 23 Avr à 15:48

Hello,

We are well aware of this "dispense" that eventually makes your life more complicated. Normally Consulates within the Schengen area are supposed to issue visas but, in practice, it seems they do not so. Unfortunately, there is little we can do about it.

Regards.

The MediaVisa.net team
MediaVisa.net
Schengen visa insurance accepted by all Consulates from € 1 a day. Purchase insurance now with or without credit
http://www.mediavisa.net
raman_ade
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help   Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help EmptyLun 23 Avr à 17:10

Hmm i see. Ok, never mind then. Thanks anyway for all the help! Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help   Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help Empty

Question about Schengen Visa -- Please help
Page 1 sur 1