Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Dunk Low
64.99 € 129.99 €
Voir le deal
Le Deal du moment :
Xiaomi Mi Smart Camera 2K Standard Edition (design ...
Voir le deal
11.39 €

Travel to Hungary on "récépissé"

2 participants
AuteurMessage
akashlal81
Nouveau

Travel to Hungary on "récépissé" Empty
MessageSujet: Travel to Hungary on "récépissé"   Travel to Hungary on "récépissé" EmptyDim 9 Mar à 3:33

Hi,
I am an Indian citizen and plan to travel to Hungary next month. My Schengen visa has expired, but I have a "récépissé" for Carte de Sejour. To my knowledge, I cannot travel on the "récépissé". So should I apply for a Schengen visa at the Hungarian embassy? Would this also allow me to get back into France when I return from Hungary?

Thanks,
Akash
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Travel to Hungary on "récépissé"   Travel to Hungary on "récépissé" EmptyDim 9 Mar à 13:34

The French "récépissé" for a new "carte de séjour" does not allow you to enter without a visa the territory of an other Schengen country. Therefore, you need a Hungarian visa.

The "récépissé" does not allow you neither to reenter the French territory, unless it is the renewal of a previous "carte de séjour". Therefore, you need to ask the French préfecture a visa to renter France.

The reason for that is that the "récépissé" only states that you have applied for a "carte de séjour", nothing more.
akashlal81
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: Travel to Hungary on "récépissé"   Travel to Hungary on "récépissé" EmptyDim 9 Mar à 13:40

Would the Hungarian visa not allow me to enter France? I can have it valid for one more day after I return. Or is this too risky?
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Travel to Hungary on "récépissé"   Travel to Hungary on "récépissé" EmptyLun 10 Mar à 7:55

No, because you would reenter France not for a short stay, but for a long stay (more than 3 months). Therefore, you need a French visa.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Travel to Hungary on "récépissé"   Travel to Hungary on "récépissé" Empty

Travel to Hungary on "récépissé"
Page 1 sur 1