Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

VISA D.. TRYING TO GO TO GREECE.

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
valebtz
Nouveau

MessageSujet: VISA D.. TRYING TO GO TO GREECE.   Lun 2 Juin à 21:50

IM A MEXICAN STUDENT AND IN SPAIN FOR A PERIOD OF SIX MONTHS...
I have a Type D Visa, with +1 Trans .05 Schengen.
I also have a ticket to Athens in two weeks, and I've been told that I may have trouble on my way back to Spain. As a mexican I would normally not need a Visa to enter Greece... so the question is.. why would there be a problem?... Do I need to get a special permit in order for me to enter to Spain in my way back?
I have read that if I have a residence ID I would have no problem, but since they only grant them for stays longer than 6 months, I don't have it...
I would really appreciate any help or insight...[b]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: VISA D.. TRYING TO GO TO GREECE.   Mar 3 Juin à 23:19

There is not a consensus among the Schengen States regarding persons in your situation.

To some Schengen states, the time covered by a D visit in any Schengen country (Sapin for instance) does not count and, as a Mexican, you are still exempted from a short stay visa if you visit another Schengen country (such as France). I understand France is on that line. But I would advise you to check beforehand with the French consulate in Madrid or if you intend to go to Greece, to the Greek consulate.

Now, regarding your reentry in Spain, I do not know. France issues multiple entry visas to persons in your situation to avoid the problem. You should check with the Spanish authorities.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

VISA D.. TRYING TO GO TO GREECE.
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1