Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Visa renewal

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
amyt
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Visa renewal   Jeu 26 Juin à 20:30

Good afternoon,

I am a South African passport holder working on a yacht in Monaco. I have a Schengen tourist visa (type C) issued by the Italian consulate in South Africa that expires at the end of June.

I have been working on the yacht since mid-April 2008 and have signed a contract to work for them. The yacht is responsible for all my expenses, accommodation, medical and insurance. The yacht will also pay for a flight out of Europe if I am fired or leave the boat.

According to the South African embassy, when my visa expires I can still work on the yacht but cannot get off at the ports.

I would like to get a visa for as long as possible since the contract I have signed is not for a limited period, although I intend to return to South Africa at the end of the year.

I do not have time to return to South Africa to apply for a visa because the yacht has guests on board often and I am needed for work on board. With the busy boat schedule it is impossible for me to find time to return to South Africa.

I believe I have all the necessary documentation - crew lists, letter from my captain, boat itinerary. I also have reason to go back to South Africa at the end of the year as I have a job secured there in January.

Will I be fined or be in trouble at the airport when I try to fly home at the end of the year? Will I be black listed and battle to obtain a Schengen visa next time?

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Visa renewal   Ven 27 Juin à 7:44

Your Schengen visa allows you to stay in Monaco and the Schengen area until the end of June.

If you want to extend your stay, you must apply for a work permit (I understand Monaco authorities deliver temporary work permits for up to 6 months) and for a residence permit in Monaco until the end of the year.

If you dont, you take the risk to get into trouble in Monaco, to be fined when you leave the Schengen area and to be blacklisted for future visa applications.
amyt
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: Visa renewal   Ven 27 Juin à 12:42

Thank you very much.
Where can I apply for a work permit? and How long does it take?
Also, am I technically working in Monaco if its on a boat that is registered in Cayman Islands?
Is it not possible for me to just renew my visa?
amyt
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: Visa renewal   Mar 1 Juil à 14:02

Hi there,

I have investigated the work permit and am unable to get one for Monaco as the boat is registered in the Cayman Islands.

I have a British Seaman's Discharge Book. Will this allow me to pass through on my way home without being fined or black listed if I overstay my visa?

Thank you
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Visa renewal   Aujourd'hui à 20:39

Visa renewal
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1