Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates

2 participants
AuteurMessage
howzzat
Nouveau

Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates Empty
MessageSujet: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyDim 29 Juin à 0:57

Can I apply for a Schengen visa in two consulates simultaneously? If I have an application pending in one consulate, can I apply in another consulate? Thanks
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyDim 29 Juin à 10:55

When you apply for a visa, the consulate is supposed to stamp your passport. So the other consulate will know that you have already applied for a Schengen visa.
howzzat
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyDim 29 Juin à 17:56

Thank you for the response. The first consulate has not stamped my passport. They have given me a receipt and asked me to come back with my passport one day prior to my departure date so that they can stamp my passport with the visa. I still have a month or so left to travel and am nervous and don't want any surprises at the last minute.

Can I go to another Schengen consulate and try to get my visa quicker there? Will this consulate still know that I have already applied at the first consulate?

I am applying for a Schengen short stay tourist visa and plan to travel to two to three Schengen countries on my vacation.

Thanks in advance. I just want some peace of mind so that I can enjoy my vacation
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyDim 29 Juin à 20:05

It is strange for a consulate to ask you to wait until one day prior to your departure date to issue a visa, unless they fear that you may sell yor passport with your visa to an other person. In which country do you apply? Which consulate is it? In what other Schengen countries do you intend to travel?
howzzat
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyDim 29 Juin à 21:30

I agree it is very strange that I have to wait till a day before departure. I am also travelling with my large family all of whom are US ctizens. I am the only one with a U.S. Green card (permanent resident). I also have a previous old Schengen visa which makes it difficult to understand.

This is the Spanish consulate in California. I plan to travel to Spain, France & Belgium. Can I try at the French consulate for a Schengen visa? My old Schengen short stay tourist visa (issued 3 years ago) was issued by the French consulate. Will the French consulate know that I have applied at the Spanish consulate already and will this create a problem. My passport has not been stamped by the Spanish consulate. They have given me a receipt which indicates that it is a C visa & the dates of the visa but have not put the visa on my passport.

I just want to reduce the stress and avoid any last minute surprises and not wait till the last minute for the visa to be stamped on my passport.

Thank you very much.
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyDim 29 Juin à 21:43

May I ask you what is your nationality?
howzzat
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyDim 29 Juin à 22:19

India
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyLun 30 Juin à 8:53

How long are you going to spend in each Schengen country?
howzzat
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyLun 30 Juin à 14:12

My port of entry is Spain. I will spend about 5 days in Spain, 9 days in France and make a day trip or two to Belgium when in France. Based on number of days, I am spending more time in France. Should I go to the French consulate?

Thank you for your feedback.
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates EmptyMar 1 Juil à 8:28

Your main destination is France. You can apply for your visa at the French consulate.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates   Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates Empty

Can I apply for Schengen visa in two consulates
Page 1 sur 1