Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Dunk Low
Voir le deal
64.99 €

France (+1 TRANSIT SCHENGEN)

2 participants
AuteurMessage
SPAUS
Nouveau

France (+1 TRANSIT SCHENGEN) Empty
MessageSujet: France (+1 TRANSIT SCHENGEN)   France (+1 TRANSIT SCHENGEN) EmptyMar 12 Mai à 9:50

Hi,
I am an Australian citizen planning to study in France later this year and I have just received my student visa, though I am a little confused as to what travel I am able to undertake within the Schengen zone.

The details of the visa are as follows:
Valid: France (+1 transit Schengen)
Type: D
No. of entries: Multi
Duration of stay: XXX
Remarks: Student
Disponse Temporaire de carte de sejour

[url]My questions are as follows:[/url]
Firstly, my visa is valid for 4 months from mid August to Mid december, however i will be arriving in London a month before this and was hoping to travel through several Schengen states (excluding France) before returning to london and then entering France from there... is this possible? I am an Australian citizen so normally i would not need a separate visa for this, but the + 1 transit has got me worried.

Secondly, I have gathered from other posts that I should be able to leave and re-enter France during my stay (to both Schengen and non-Schengen countries) so i hope this is correct... however, am i still able to travel to Schengen states AFTER my student visa has expired? And do i need to be out of france by then? Can my normal 90 days visa-free travel commence then or does it not apply on the back of a student visa? The problem is my student visa expires 3 weeks before my flight home and i had planned to spend this time roaming Europe...

Any assistance would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
xjessie007
Nouveau

France (+1 TRANSIT SCHENGEN) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: France (+1 TRANSIT SCHENGEN)   France (+1 TRANSIT SCHENGEN) EmptyJeu 25 Juin à 21:48

Your case is interesting, but I am a bit confused. You are Australian citizen, so you should not need Schengen visa at all, no? At least I am going by the table at this site http://www.euro-dollar-currency.com/who_needs_schengen_visa.htm which lists all the nationalities that need schengen visa to travel to Europe. And, Australia is with "no". So, I guess you only need Schengen visa because you study there? If yes, then I would say you only need Schengen visa for your study in France, but since you do not need it in general for usual travel, you can travel freely within the remaining schengen zone states. Just thinking about it..
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

France (+1 TRANSIT SCHENGEN)
Page 1 sur 1