Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-15%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents Fnac) LEGO® Star Wars™ 75367 Le croiseur d’assaut de ...
552.49 € 649.99 €
Voir le deal

Transit in Great Britain

AuteurMessage
XiaoPi
Bronze

Transit in Great Britain Empty
MessageSujet: Transit in Great Britain   Transit in Great Britain EmptyVen 10 Sep à 10:38

Hi everybody !

My spouse is chinese and hold a french visa Type D (with ''mult'' entries in Schengen area).

To arrive in France, she will transit via London, staying 3 hours at the same airport.

I visited some officials english websites and read the information that she will be exempted to have an english transit visa (DATV).

the website : http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf20transit
Read "Guidance - Transit (INF 20)"

Chapter : Am I exempt from the DATV requirement ?

You will be exempt from the DATV requirement and may be able to transit without visa if you hold one of the following.

The point : A valid common format category D visa for entry to an EEA state – see our 'EEA and Swiss nationals' leaflet for a list of EEA states.

At the same time, in one another page, it is indicated that chinese citizen need such a visa, except if they have an exemption !!

It seems she doesn't need a DATV for a transit in GB but the VFS (office which prepares every visa fields/requests, working for the ambassy) tells me she needs it BECAUSE she is chinese !

Met someone the same case ? How did it run ?

Thanks for you help and informations.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
XiaoPi
Bronze

Transit in Great Britain Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Transit in Great Britain   Transit in Great Britain EmptyVen 10 Sep à 15:23

Here we are, my wife found testimonies on a Chinese forum of persons which, in the same case as her (having the visa Type D to come in France), passed in transit by London without problem at all in spite of (or grace) of a customs control of their passport.

Conclusion, the VFS tried to swell us and yes, it is a trading company, it is necessary to make money !
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Transit in Great Britain
Page 1 sur 1