Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Forum du Visa Schengen. The Schengen Visa Forum.

Questions en matière de Visa Schengen. Questions about the Schengen Visa.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

Railway travel border controls

3 participants
AuteurMessage
bufi
Nouveau

Railway travel border controls Empty
MessageSujet: Railway travel border controls   Railway travel border controls EmptyVen 1 Aoû à 20:21

I am planning to travel extensively using the Eurail pass. I was expecting a C+D Visa from the French Embassy and apparently all the european countries have such option except France and Spain. Now I am stuck with a visa that doesn't allow me to travel outside France. I can't even apply for Residence permit.

What will happen if I simple travel to germany or italy with my France D type Visa. Will there be regular checks at train stations or can I simply walk past unnoticed. If the Border police find out that I am not allowed to cross border will they deport me to France or India( I am an Indian). Is train travel as risky as the Immigration checks in Airports?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Denize
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Checks do occur   Railway travel border controls EmptyMer 10 Sep à 16:45

Checks do occur, but not as systematically as at the airports.
Unfortunately when you look like a "foreigner" (dark skin, different clothings, lots of luggage, in fact entirely depending on the ideas of the controlling officer on how a "suspect" traveller looks like) there is a higher risk to be picked out of the traveling crowd.
MD
Diamond

MessageSujet: Re: Railway travel border controls   Railway travel border controls EmptyVen 12 Sep à 9:13

I strongly recommend visa applicants to request two visas:

- a long stay visa, to cover their long stay in France (more than 3 months)
- and a Schengen visa, which would allow them to visit Europe
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Railway travel border controls   Railway travel border controls Empty

Railway travel border controls
Page 1 sur 1